Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Look in the mirror

I was in the shower and my mind wanders like usual. This time the thought was on the guys I could have been dating. And a couple of them are these guys that are single by their own hand. Am I saying that everyone that is single is single because of their own doing no I'm not. I am saying that these guys do things that make it hard for them to not be single. Let's start with Tommy #1 a.k.a. the guy that stood me up. He has several dating profiles up and all say he's looking for a decent real guy. Yet he spends a lot of his time at bars. Then when he's not at bars he's on grindr or manhunt. And when he finds someone that is willing to date him he stands them up. So you can see why he's single by choice no matter what he says. Plus he's always changing his profile picture on grindr. Also on plenty of fish. It's like he can't help but take new photos of himself and they are usually him holding his chin with his right hand. So clearly enjoys taking photos of himself leading me to get a vain feeling from him which I'm sure others have picked up on to. Like I said single by choice. Now how about Tommy #2. Tommy #2 actually did talk to me. The first time. After that I had to initiate contact and he wouldn't respond back for hours. Then when I tried to talk to him on facebook he never would. Then I ask him out and I never hear from him again. On top of that he refuses to take a picture of him smiling. A lot of guys don't talk to him because of his intimidating photos. Now on to Tommy #3. Tommy #3 was a guy that was so cheap that he couldn't meet a guy for dinner or even coffee. The only way Tommy #3 would meet a guy is if they come to his house. How many guys looking for a serious relationship and not a hook up would tell guys to come over to their house. Then when you don't meet up he constantly asks if you are mad because you two didn't meet. Then when you try to talk to him again he refuses to talk to you or even acknowledge you. And again he wonders why he's single.
So basically from all these Tommys have me realizing a few things:
1. if you are looking for a relationship then look for one. Don't be so focused on going out with your friends that you can't go out on a date. Then if you do actually go through with it.
2. If you are going to date make sure you aren't gripping a penny so tightly that it goes into your fist. At least expect to pay for a cup of coffee.
3. A picture means something, but it's not everything. Have a warm inviting photo, and don't go changing it every 2 days.
4. Actually talk to guys. If a guy isn't your type just tell them so. If you keep them dangling then they will tell others about you and you will get a bad rep.
Basically remember those and I'll continue to have something going with John.
One of the things I admire about Rusty Jeffers is that he has good arms. I was listening to him giving an interview and talking about his arms are one of the more stubborn body parts on his body. That's the same with me. My arms and my chest are the two most stubborn muscle groups on me. Well my triceps develop quite easily. So whenever he flexes his arms it is inspiration for me.
Tom Chase and Brad Patton. They did a scene together in the Colt movie Couples 3. They actually flip flop. The thing is that in the scene they did seem like a couple. Tom was just sitting and relaxing when Brad comes in and starts stirring things up. No words really get exchanged, but they could read each other so well. That's why I like this photo. Just the look the two are giving is so hot. Plus the hardons don't hurt either.
I'm not a guy that's big on PDA. Doesn't matter if it's a straight or gay couple. That being said I wouldn't mind holding hands in public with my boyfriend like these guys. Straight couples do it all the time. Why can't I hold my guys hand without having to worry about what the guy next to us will do. We aren't sticking our tongues in each other's mouth like I've seen straight couples do. I'm not grabbing his ass or patting it like I've seen straight couples do. So why can't we simply hold hands? Something wrong with society, but then again we already knew that.
Such a simple thing doing a bicep flex, yet at the same time it's so powerful. It's a symbol of a guy in shape. Most guys will grab onto it to feel. It can be the start of more.

No comments:

Post a Comment