Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Some first date do's and don'ts

I was watching the Today show and they were talking about insider tips from waiters. Well that got me thinking about how people mistreat waiters and waitresses which got me to think about if a date did that, which got me thinking of some first date do's and don'ts. As you can see my train of thought tends to zoom past stations. Anyway back to what I'm talking about today. A lot can go right and wrong in a first date. Basically a first date is a skills assessment test. We see if the guy has certain qualities that we want to further explore and touch on. So there are just somethings I've picked up that I think will help any of you out there going on your first date. So I guess I'll just go down the list. Starting with before the date.
Before the date: My best advice for before you are suppose to go out is to pay attention to your conversations leading up to the date. If he suddenly has radio silence that isn't a good sign. Yes he could just be busy, but most of the time it means he's had second thoughts. Could also mean you aren't the only one he's talking to. Hate to be a downer, but again that's just what I've seen in my past experience. Also if something comes up let the guy know. Do not wait until 4 minutes before the date to say something came up. You have just told the guy he isn't worth your time. Try to tell him if you can't make it for whatever reason and immediately try to reschedule something. Don't say oh we'll figure something out. This of course works for if it happens to you. A guy who isn't considerate of your time is not someone you want to get to know. He will usually have a lot of other traits that show he's pretty happy with his life the way it is or into himself.
Location: The location of the date is also important. If your date is at a bar, then it is not a date. If you are going to McDonald's than it is not a date. If you are going to his house or he's coming to your house then it's most likely a hook up. A home cooked meal is more of a 3rd or 4th date thing. 2nd if you really hit it off after the first time. The at home thing just lends itself to sex. Sex on the first date is something I'll cover later, but basically a guy that will have sex on the first date has most likely had sex with other guys on the first date and probably won't be faithful when the time comes. You want a place that's public so you can see if you'd enjoy being with him in public. You don't want a guy who acts like a freak out of bed as well as in.
Conversation: This is the big one right here. Where does the conversation go? Who dominates it? All these are things to pay attention to. A guy that dominates the conversation either doesn't like uncomfortable silence or just likes to spill his guts. It's usually not a good thing, unless you are a guy who is just that shy that you don't say much. A first date isn't really the place to let your date know ALL of your baggage. If the conversation goes that way and you both are sharing that's fine, but don't just volunteer that you once had sex with your high school teacher when you were a minor on a first date. Even if that's a question. If he's asking you about sex stuff then you know what really interests him. Asking if you are a top or a bottom should pretty much be the only sex question. The questions you get asked and the topics of conversation will kinda tell you where this guy is coming from. You want to give him a taste of what you have to offer not the whole pie. He will get that the more he dates you in smaller intervals.
Treatment: How does he treat others on your date. Does he snap his fingers at the waiter or waitress? Does he interrupt you while you are telling a story. Is he texting while you are on the date. All these are bad signs. They once again show lack of consideration for others. I've never had a guy snap at the wait staff luckily, but have had a guy who interrupted a lot and one who did in fact text while dating. Now a phone call is different. If he looks at it and then doesn't answer it that's fine, but if he doesn't say something like oh that's just my friend Megan then he's probably hiding something. If he says sorry I need to take this excuse me then it can be a bad sign. Unless he again volunteers who it was and what it was about. The other thing is when he answers it right there. If he just simply says, "sorry so and so I'm on a date we can talk later" that's fine, but if he has a whole other conversation with the person in front of you then move on. These are just some of the red flags I've seen.
After the date: Now this is kinda the gray area for a lot of guys. There is no real strict rule. If you are comfortable in your surroundings and with the guy give him a hug. A kiss on the first date is perfectly fine if you feel like you can. The gray area is sex. Personally I say no on the first date. Some say yes so you can see the physical chemistry. Just know your comfort level. Will say that if you do have sex on the first date because he insisted then he probably does it with all the other guys on the first date. Meaning there is probably a long list of guys you are being compared to. If you do go your separate ways after the date send him a thanks for the date had a great time text. There are two reasons for this. One it's just good manners. Two it will show you if he's still interested. If he says nothing back then you can probably expect there to not be a second date. Again this is just based on my experience.
Those are just some of the things I've learned can make or break a first date and lead to second date. Don't let a guy give you the run around. For some reason some guys like to dance around if there will be a second date. Just come right out and ask for a second date. Don't play games. If he says sure I'd like that, press him (unless this is after the first date). Have a date in mind and see how much he really wants the second date. Buck said he wanted a second date with me so the next day I said he lets go to the movies next weekend. And we are still dating. It's a peace of mind to not play games.
 I've posted a picture of the guy on the right hand side. I think this picture has been washed out. His bathroom is very yellow. I wondered if he was gay or not and well question kinda answered. Shame they both aren't down to their briefs. Maybe that's the next picture.
 I'm not a huge guy. I'm only 5' 6". That being said I find it super sexy when a guy lifts me up and kisses me. Hell I find it sexy when a guy lifts me up period. Just something about having a guy man handle me that gets everything going.
 Well isn't this guy all types of yummy. Again just a little chest hair would be awesome, but would never ever kick him out of bed. Would actually probably tie him to it.
I can not remember this guy's name. I know he was on Sean Cody before he started working with Falcon. I want to say it's Johnny something. I just find him so damn sexy. Cute face, nice smile, awesome body, and actually gay. Well if his interview for Sean Cody is to be believed.

No comments:

Post a Comment