Monday, August 30, 2010

When did I get good at relationships?

I always seem to be giving my friend relationship advice. It's not like I mean to, but it just happens. I'm telling my friend that he doesn't need to worry about his boyfriend not saying I love you after 4 months. Trying to get him to relax and be patient. Then I have another friend who I'm trying to get to stop freaking out about every little thing she does. I mean if she has a conversation that doesn't end the way she wants it to she thinks they are going to break up. Now I'm talking to a friend who has a boyfriend in jail and wants him to wait on him. When did I get that stereotype of being the know it all relationship guru gay guy? When in the world did that happen. Now notice how it's only with relationships where there is a guy involved. I don't know I think it's because I think at everything so rationally and with little emotion that I can actually give pretty sound advice. Then again their problems are the ones where they get all emotional and blow things way out of proportional.
As for my relationship I think it's going great. We have our tiffs, but we aren't hardcore fighting or worried that the other one wants to break up. We go at a pace that's good for us. For us one good session of sex a week is perfect. Just sitting around watching tv holding the other is great. We don't need to go out to dinner every week or have sex all the time. I love my relationship and I love my boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment