Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm chatty this week.

I'm in a kinda chatty mood this week. Got a lot roaming around in my head that I need to get out. If you are looking for the video post for this week then click here. So yesterday I mentioned how awesome my first date with Coach went (and no that isn't him in the picture but does remind me of him if Coach had more tattoos and a lot more gray hairs). And he saw the post and left a little comment. It's on yesterday's post which can be found here. This morning I found myself analyzing things. yeah cause I don't do that enough. I was trying to figure out what makes Coach different. What truly makes him different from any of the guys I've had the fun of meeting this past year? Well let's go through the list shall we.
There was Brock that got me to realize I wasn't happy with my ex (which I knew, but wouldn't admit to). The guy that went on and on about how he wanted a relationship with me. How I was the only guy he wanted a relationship. How he could get any guy he wanted because he's the best of the best. Yeah after I broke up with my ex he sure was no where to be found. Hell didn't even try to talk to me anymore. Actually didn't really try to talk to me when he was "interested".
Then there was Scott. Scott was dating someone at the time he met me. So yes I was the other guy. Not something I'm proud of. Well Scott wanted me, then didn't, then did, then didn't and met this guy on manhunt, moved in with him after a month and as far as I know is still dating him. I tried to be friends with Scott, but he liked to treat me like a slept with every guy in town or was planning to. I stood up for myself and shocker he unfriended me and isn't talking to me. So there are two of my winners.
Then there was the string of Tommys. Tommy 1 made himself out to be a guy looking for a relationship. I asked him out on a date. He said yes. It was a date on New Years. At any time he could have canceled. A friend of mine who knows him said oh you'll have a great time etc. Well he stood me up to go to the bar. Then there was Tommy 2 who seemed interested as well. Met him on bear, but the thing about Tommy 2 is that he's a cheap bastard. We were suppose to meet at McDonalds, but no couldn't do that. So I said hey let's go on a date. He said ok I have a coupon for [insert restaurant name here]. The thing about that restaurant is that a $20 gift card only covers one person there and I was not dishing out $20 for a date unless I was sure. So I suggested a less expensive place. Oh no he couldn't go out on a date cause he just didn't have the money. Couldn't even order an appetizer or buy a sandwich for 6 bucks. Then there was Tommy 3. Tommy 3 seemed like a nice guy actually responded back to texts. Then I asked him out and I stopped hearing from Tommy 3. Funny how that happened.
Then there was what's his name. No really I can't remember the fake name I gave him. Well he was the 20 year old that wanted to date me cause at the time I was talking to Tommy 3 and trying to get a date with him. Well Tommy 3 fell through and the guy he was kinda dating at the time didn't want to be in a relationship with him. So we went on a date. Dated for about a month. The whole time he was saying he didn't know what he wanted and that we were dating, but we weren't dating. Then eventually broke up with me on a facebook message saying he didn't want to lead me on, but he didn't want a relationship. He wasn't sure what he wanted.  Then a month later he's in a relationship and even though he wanted to be friends couldn't say more than 3 things to me. Well he has broke up with that guy and I think he's trying to get at me again or actually is trying to be my friend. Too late for him.
Then we had the guy that I talked to for a week straight. Thought I had a good connection with. He saw pictures of me and I saw pictures of him. We went out on the date and he couldn't date me because I look too young. Funny cause when you ask people on a street they all say I look 25-27ish. I'm 23. Take that however you want. I asked my friends who have seen my pictures and me and they all say no you look like you do in your picture and no you don't look like you are younger than 23.
Then we had another what's his name. Oh he was a fun one. Met him on gay.com. He messaged me first so I thought oh hey this is a good sign. We went out on a date. At his place. Because he didn't have a car. At the end of the date I said I'd like to see you again. He said the same. We went out on a 2nd date. At his house again. Well actually we were going to see a movie but got side tracked. Now inbetween the dates it was hard to get in contact with him. Plus this was around the time my ex's mother was in poor health. Well on the third date I asked him are we dating and he said well he just got back in the dating game and isn't sure if he's ready to be exclusive yet (our conversations would point to otherwise). At this point I stopped trying to contact him then out of the blue he says he wants me to meet his family, but not to read anything into it. My ex's mother had died the day before so I couldn't go. That was pretty much the last time we really talked.
Then came the string of long distance guys. Two of which wanted to date me, but when I said hey let's talk on the phone suddenly that was moving too fast and I didn't hear from them. Then most recently were the two bears. One of which was a red head who lives 3 hours away. We both agreed that we are better off friends. He isn't a person that likes to stay in one place so it wouldn't have been good. We still talk to this day. Then there was the transgender bear. That was going really well for awhile. Then I started to get lucky if I got a response back to a text or even a conversation started from him.
So as you can see the bar was not set very high, but no that's not the thing that makes me feel Coach is different. What makes me feel he's different isn't just the fact that he's no doubt the most in shape guy I went on a date with. It's not because he's the only one that talks to me several times during the day. It all boils down to I think that I'm at this place where I know what to look for. I know the big red flags and Coach hasn't given me any. With him it really feels like a give and take. It feels like there are areas he's good at and there are area's I'm good at and we strengthen the other. Like he had no clue about the punch buggy game. On our first date I saw a silver bug and I say silver one and punch him in the shoulder (which actually kinda hurt. That dude is solid). Then he's like why did you hit me (like he felt it). I said because of the silver punch buggy and point to it. And he just gives me this confused look. So I explain the game and said you seriously never played that growing up. He said no. Yes there is an age difference between us, but I thought EVERYONE knew that game. Actually thinking about it I don't think he needs to know that game. A punch from him would paralyze my shoulder for awhile. Anyway it's also that I feel comfortable sharing with him. He knows about my ex. He knows quite a bit of my baggage and he still wants to know me. We are talking about a lot of long term things as well as short term like dates. Never have I had this super strong urge to call someone my boyfriend, but know that it's too early. Normally I'd just say it and that was that. Also my like like (ha that's also an enemy on legend of Zelda.....I'm such a nerd) is very much evolving. Before long I know we both will be saying it, but we both want to take this slowly. Never had that. This is why I think it's worth taking a risk and hopefully my gut is right. I mean there have been tons of signs that seem to push us together. Our zodiac signs are perfectly compatible. Our birthdays are on the same day of the week on any given year. We started lifting on the same day a year apart from the other. And I'm sure there is a whole lot more. My heart and gut say go at it with full force and don't hold back, but then again my heart and gut told me that some of these other guys were going to be good. So my brain is keeping them in check, but even he's starting to say all signs point to letting him in fully and just call him your boyfriend.
Oh and Adam you really are awesome. Thank you for all the luck and support you have given. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around and I think what is coming your way is something truly great. And when it comes I will be the one cheering the loudest for you.
Coach has shared with me some of the songs that are near and dear to him From Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland. So far my favorite has been the one I will post here. For Once in My Life. Fits with all that I have been saying and what I'm kinda feeling. Btw Coach is a really good singer and when he sings a Frank Sinatra song he really does sound like him. He has said it and said others have said it, but when you hear it yourself it's pretty amazing. I recently shared a song with him. Life is a Boat which was the first ending theme for Bleach. It's in both English and Japanese. The English part is what I really connect to. It starts off very uncaring. Very negative. Exactly how I feel after a set back like the guys mentioned above, but it progresses. Get's more cheerful and upbeat. And I think it's safe to say I'm kinda getting to the end of the song feeling.

2 comments:

  1. Another lovely blog, Jeremy. I do believe that you now have someone who needs you, and that for once in your life, you got someone who won't leave you. I have the house, the career, the mortgage, the house near the country in a lovely small town, the maturity, the income, the Sinatra Swagger, the cocky yet not arrogant confidence of mafia muscle to love, protect, and mentor (and nurture) YOU. I can cook and I do windows too. What more do you need/want? oh yes, we will get a dog too....Rotweiller, or German Shepheard, or Doberman (manly dog for a couple of studly gym guys like us). My 3 tomcats will love that !!

    Muscle Bear Hugs,

    Coach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have taken out all the trash in your life and have started over...this time with a man that has already shown you the love and attention that you need to grow with. You seem to compliment him and he sems to comliment you. I know we have been online/twitter friends for a short time and baely know each other but I feel like you have a taken a leap in the right direction. Super excited for you and a bit jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete