Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hot Topics

Today is National Coming Out Day. I personally have mixed feelings about that. Coming out is a process in itself. It's never easy to do. For some they have a family that knew or is very accepting, and for others not so much. I'm not coming out to my parents just because of the day on the calendar or being told it's National Coming Out Day. For me I have to feel that I'm in a comfortable place emotionally to do it. As I stated yesterday, I have a fear of being alone. Until I can lessen or live with that fear I won't be able to handle it. That's the reason why I'm not really a fan of it myself. Now yes this could help others who feel like they'll have additional support today. Will say that it is fitting that it falls in October which is National Anti-Bullying Month.
Another hot topic is that me and Coach had a date last night. It wasn't a really long one, but hey a date is a date. We had stuffed pork chops (that Coach cooked) and watched some more QAF. Well you know what happens when I watch anything that makes me think. Yep I think on it a little too hard. When QAF was on showtime I did watch it from time to time. I didn't watch it religiously because I'd either forget or I couldn't cause my parents were up. My mom use to watch it behind closed doors. Well we are at the point where Michael has met Ben and Ben has told Michael that he's HIV positive. That of course got me thinking. As more and more research is being done and more and more HIV positive individuals are living healthy lives what would you do in that situation. I mean I don't know if I would have given Coach a chance to be honest. I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant on being HIV positive. I know there are positive and negative couples and there are ways for them to keep it that way. Like I said it's a thought I'm hoping I won't have to find out the answer to.
Speaking of things I don't want to know the answer to, I was once again looking for videos to post on Monday and again I get shocked at what people post and what they watch. If you are eating or planning on eating in the next couple of minutes skip this paragraph. This morning I saw not 1, but 2 videos on xhamster showing anal prolapsing. Also known as the "rosebud". I know we are all entitled to our own tastes, but ugh why? Why would you do that to yourself and on top of that why do you find that attractive. I'm kinda curious for the answer, but at the same time even typing this is making me give that gross face. You know like when you've seen or smelled something you wish you hadn't.
Finally the big VP debate is tonight. That means I'll be watching anything but that. The reason being that politics just pisses me off now. I hear or see things that come off as hypocritical, yet no one speaks up to say anything. I live in Wisconsin and during the primary for the opening senate seat one of the republicans toted how he was voted most conservative. Well fast forward to now and Thompson the republican and his buddies are running ads calling Tammy Baldwin an extremist and that she was voted the most liberal member in congress. So let's get this straight. Most conservative = good while most liberal = bad. That's just some of the hypocrisy I'm seeing. So I'm avoiding it as much as I can so I don't give myself an early heart attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment