Monday, October 29, 2012

Changed my mind

My blog today was going to basically talk about how pissed off I am at Ted for the stunt he pulled Saturday and Sunday, but I figured there was a more pressing topic that I should take up instead. I've been talking to a read via twitter and he pointed out something that got me thinking. Without getting into he said he said, basically he brought up that he sometimes doesn't want to get into a relationship because he doesn't want to deal with a break up, exes like mine, or having his heart hurt. So it wasn't a hard choice to choose between anger or helping someone out.
As much as it sucks breaking up and/or heart break does come with being in a relationship. Know what else can come with being in a relationship? Love and happiness. I haven't had the best luck relationship wise and certainly not ex wise, but I don't plan on giving up. I don't give up because the possibility to find someone that makes me happy every day I'm with them far outweighs possible break up and heart ache. It's a gamble of course, but what in life really isn't? It's so easy to not do something out of fear. Personally I'm expecting more heartache in my future, but I can either decide I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life, or branch out there and possibly end up with a man I love for the rest of my life.
If you do have a break up or a terrible ex it isn't the end of the world. You learned something from that relationship whatever it may be. For me I learned that I need to date guys closer to my age because older guys seem to be able to control me. I learned that if a guy lies to you about his age or name right off the bat, run the other way. I've learned do not move to be with someone just because you get along with each other over the web. So on and so forth. With all these things hopefully my next relationship will be much better. As for the heartbreak, if you have good friends and family you will be able to get through it. Some days will be worse than others, but you will get through it. I think the real heart ache will come from being so afraid to try to be with someone that you end up alone.
So basically it comes down to this. Yes being with someone has it's risks. Yes heartbreak sucks and is a possibility, but you'll regret it more if you don't even try. I am and always will be a romantic. I continue to hope that I will be with someone. If me saying it doesn't prove it, then maybe my actions will. I started talking to a guy my age on manhunt on Friday. We moved it to text and have hit it off well. On saturday we are planning on playing disc golf in the park. This guy could end up in a relationship with me or we could just remain friends. I won't know until I try and I will only wonder if I don't. If we do end up as a couple then I'll take it from there. If we are just friends I won't give up searching. I am not and will not hide out because I have been hurt in the past. I know too many guys that let that hurt and fear of being hurt drive them to end up alone. They then get into the vicious cycle of wanting to be with someone, but afraid to try leading them to feel alone. That is my advice to that reader and to everyone else. Now if you are wanting to be single for the rest of your life then just ignore everything I said.
In honor of Halloween being on wednesday I figured I'd post this picture. That is in fact me wearing my ninja turtle pajamas with a boner. I forgot what I was doing, but it was a Saturday night. Anyway just showing that even my boner can "dress up" for Halloween.

1 comment: