Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just Frustrated

I'm just so frustrated this morning. It has nothing to do with Coach. We had a great date last night. He enjoyed the surprise I gave him even though he was a little surprised. It was a great evening. I didn't want to leave, but I did have to get home. When I got home Ted was up. I thought Ted was in a pretty good mood cause he texted "Holy Smokes, there are two guys interested in me". Well I got home and we started talking. Well Ted is an appropriate name cause he did go all Ted on me. Oh they live so far away, I don't know if they are really interested, blah blah blah. Hell one guy is actually going to be in the city we are going to go visit so I even suggested we try to meet him. Well how quickly he tried to back out of that. We are going to this circus museum, but it's kinda of their down season and the guy kinda gave this hint that it might be closed or not all that interesting, so Ted said in that case we'll go visit the other guy that lives 3 hours away. I'm driving btw. So that's 6 hours on the road and we aren't staying over. Granted even if he suggested that I wouldn't want to. Then came the talk about Coach. How Coach is only talking to him because it's important to me. WELL DUH! He wouldn't have met Ted otherwise. I mean come the fuck on (sadly I think of these things after I've had some time to think and finally open up again). So after this long talk which basically amounted to him making it sound like he's never going to meet these guys interested in him (great attitude I know) and that he has no one to talk to, I went to bed. A little down, but for the most part happy cause I was with my guy.
Enter this morning. Normally Ted goes to the gym with me on Thursdays, but didn't today cause he was up late (cause he was talking to me). I get to the apartment and he said there is something he needs to reconcile. I thought this would take a few minutes cause he knew I had to make the deposit today and that means I have to leave early which is one reason why we leave so early. It was a 30 minute conversation. Correction it was 30 minutes of him talking. Basically it boils down to he feels that he's put all this work into me and Coach gets all the benefits. He actually used a story about a Coach and an athlete to demonstrate his point. News flash. You put things into a relationship. That's how relationships are. Sometimes they work out sometimes they don't, but I think the most frustrating of it all, has to be the low blow he did today. He said that based on what has happened he just can't wrap his head around this. He knew God brought us together for a reason. I can't believe that reason was for you to go to Coach. The God I know is fair and just and that just doesn't seem fair and his faith is a little shaken. In other words me being with Coach has shaken his faith in God. I'm not a very religious person. I do believe there is a higher power, but don't follow any specific doctrine (making me agnostic). For someone to blame me for their faith being shaken or changed irritates me. If your faith has been shaken by one person then maybe it wasn't as strong as you thought it was. So after all of that it was 7:50 when he finally shut up to let me get crap done.
Let me back up a bit. I have a morning routine like a lot of people, but unlike most people I really like to follow mine. It's kinda an OCD thing. I don't have it, but there are certain things I am in the habit of doing. I like to have everything I need to do in the morning done by 8. Just in case I need to leave early or if I just want to chill before work. I drink my protein shake, shower, put on my deodorant and put on a little axe on my chest, brush my teeth, shave, put on my shirt that I delayed cause I didn't want to get tooth paste or hair or axe on it, and then I'm done. I don't like my routine to be ruined unless it's just me speeding things up.
Now return to 7:50. I had to leave early for that deposit. I need to be out the door no later than 8:05 to make sure I get to the office in time to finish the deposit and get to the bank. Even if part of it's done it takes me a good 20 or so minutes to get everything in order then 10 or so minutes to run to the bank on a good day. I usually arrive at the office at 8:15ish. So you can see it's pretty tight if I open up at 9. I left the house at 8:10 and luckily got to the office at 8:20ish cause I kinda punched it. I got to the bank and I forgot the checks because I was in a hurry. That was just the icing on the cake. The cake was the fact I had to take a whore bath (look it up if you don't know what it is). Do you know what it's like to go to the gym and not shower. It doesn't feel good. I feel like I stink and I'm sticky. So with all this I'm a little pissy. I talk to one of my dads and he said I have got to put my foot down and he's right. I can't do it today cause if I do I will have burned a bridge. He has to get our his feelings to me. He doesn't write them down, and he doesn't have other friends because he doesn't go out to make any. So I'm clearly going to have to set boundaries when I'm calm down. I should be happy cause of the date last night, but all I am is pissed off cause of Ted. So I'm giving it a day. I'm going to talk to Coach (like my dad suggested) and set up some boundaries. Ted said last night there will be a point where he won't tell me everything and I think we are at that point. We limit when we are going to have these conversations and how many times a week. Me and him maybe have one big trip or dinner and that's it. Clearly he isn't at the point where he can be happy for me and Coach and I don't need that negativity. So I'm going to update my bear and try to calm down. Me and Ted are having dinner with a mutual friend (set this up earlier in the week before all this) and I don't want to be...well Ted.

1 comment:

  1. Take a deep breath.....did you take one...?? Ok. Doesn't that feel good?

    ReplyDelete