Tuesday, September 25, 2012

High School Drama

Somehow I have gotten involved in some sort of high school drama crap. Supposedly a mutual friend of mine and Ted's (Ned) was talking to Ted after his date. According to Ted out of the blue Ned said that I was moving too fast. Ted told me this yesterday morning. Then yesterday afternoon is suddenly evolved to Ned saying that me and Coach were moving way WAAAY too fast. That Coach is trying to put a wedge in between me and Ted so get me all alone and control me. Well Ted has "had enough" and will let me do whatever I want (heard that before) and he will stay out of it. He will still be my friend, but doesn't want to hear about me and Coach. Then to add more to this story (funny how this all evolved from an unprompted topic) that Ted asked if he should be obligated to meet Coach to which Ned said oh no you should be obligated nor expected to meet him. See that part pisses me off since Ted is the one that insisted that I introduce him to any guy I date and threw a hissy fit when I didn't. Now out of all of this what really annoyed me is that if Ned indeed felt as he did why didn't he tell me when he had the chance? What specifically am I moving too fast with? Ned still hasn't messaged me since Sunday making me start to believe Ted was right or Ned was dragged into the conversation and feels uncomfortable talking to either of us. Either way I'm approaching Ned with caution. You see cause now I don't really trust that anything I tell Ned will not reach Ted. If he talks to me then he will hear the truth.
See I just don't get what I'm getting criticized for.  If it's for saying I love Coach (which I have not said to anyone of my friends and glad I didn't) then yeah I'd get it. I know for a lot of people we moved a little fast on that one. I'm not going to jump down his throat on that one. If it's cause we slept together too fast then I'll point out that we waited until our third date. More on top of that, it's none of his business. I don't ask about him and his boyfriend's sex life. I didn't ask how long did they wait. Besides if it was bareback sex then yeah I would agree three dates is WAAAAAY too soon, but we aren't barebacking. We aren't going to bareback for a long time and after we get tested. If I rushed staying over I'll point out that it was our fourth date (kinda ignoring that time I did stay over already) before I stayed over. I'd ask him to stay over at my place, but Teds there. We only get to see each other once a week. We talk all the time on the phone and through e-mail and bear. Right now it's up in the air cause Ned hasn't said anything to me and again I don't truly know what the context of the conversation was. If he had talked to me first before talking to Ted a lot of this would have been avoided. For a guy who claims he hates drama and the cattiness of the gay community he sure isn't helping. I mean he knows Ted. Like Ted was just going to keep it under his hat and not say anything. If I was to say Coach kept stepping on my toes while we were dancing (we haven't danced yet) then Ted would use that against him some how or say you never danced with me, but the thing that I really think it boils down to is the age difference. Specifically my age. I have a friend who is I think 46 who is moving at the exact same pace as me and Coach. He sees the guy he's dating once a week. They haven't said they are boyfriends yet just because of so much stuff going on. My friend sleeps over all the time. Not only that but on their 2nd date they stayed at his place and watched movies in their briefs. Don't hear Ned saying that he's moving to fast.
So basically I'm watching what I say to anyone. I know the friend who is moving at the same speed won't be telling anything to Ted cause Ted has burned him just as much as he has burned everyone else. Ted doesn't even talk to this guy. My friend gave me his concerns right away. He said make sure you go close and take everything into account. I have and he has been happy for me. I will be careful though. So far the only people that have not been two faced with me have been my dads. Two guys that have been together 15 years (I believe) and were only suppose to be a 1 night stand. Everyone is different. The pace for one is not the pace for another. There are circumstances in every relationship that determine the speed. Mine is determined by my lease and by my ex. We are trying to go slow and hold it out for 8 more months. That way we get to really know each other, before moving in. Might be hard if Ted won't respect boundaries. Hell he already broke his not interfering rule the second he got home. Saying once again I don't want to talk to Coach cause he made me feel like I have limits blah blah blah. I cut him off of course. I understand that not everyone is going to be happy about my relationship, but you know I thought I'd get a better reaction then talking behind my back. I do need to get coach to meet my dads though. They really want to meet him and I want them to meet him.
And now that that is all out of my system I can focus on today and my relationship with Coach. Guess it really is like Brandy sang. They are going to talk about our love and we need to tune it out.
On a brighter note I got this sent to me in an e-mail. I just wonder who sent it and who this song reminded them of. Spoiler alert it was from Coach and he was thinking of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment