Monday, May 16, 2011

The Butch Factor

Yesterday me and my bf watched a movie called (shocker) The Butch Factor. It's a movie that talks about how gay men view and come to grips with masculinity. I personally didn't want to watch it because I despise documentaries. My bf wanted to watch it though. We saw a preview for it on a movie we rented. Well me and my bf had two completely different reactions to the movie.
My reaction was one of ok. I think I learned a bit about myself. I can kinda relate to some of these guys. I will say I'm not the butchest of guys, but I'm not a fem type either. I can watch sports, but I prefer not to. I like watching America's Next Top Model, but I couldn't care less about my personal fashion. I think one guy said it best. Being a guy is being true to you. I've never been one to fit a mold. I'm not a jock, but I can play sports. I'm not a nerd, but I love nerdy things. I can be as rude and crude as any straight guy, but I can chat it up with the girls too. When I came out I got a mixed reaction. I got people who said they knew, and I had others who were just shocked. Couldn't believe it. In high school I actually had one girl tell me and my friend that she hangs out with a lot of gay guys and we are definitely not gay. Even now I get it. I had a customer try to fix me up with a girl she knew. So in that respect yeah I'm masculine enough for me. I'm true to myself.
My boyfriend's reaction was a lot different. He was watching it to try to figure out where he stands. He's not the butchest guy. We both mention that. He is in touch with his emotional side more so then most guys. Well he didn't see any guy who struggled the way he did. All the guys on there mentioned that they moved and came out in their early to mid 20's. They joined gay football, rugby, and rodeos. None of that happens up here where we are. There is no place when he can truly let out that side of himself. So it made him more angry then anything.
As a result it lead to us having a very uncomfortable talk. Basically he feels that our relationship has hit a crossroad and it's been there for awhile. We can either keep things the way they are. We can come out and tell everyone about us and risk our jobs. Or we can just end it. After talking that to death for awhile he mentioned there was a way that he could live the way we are now. If we filled out this declaration of love. Basically a piece of paper that is hand written and signed by us saying that we are in love and that we should be able to be with one another in our final hours. I don't even want to bore you all with how that would so not work, but I went along with it.
This is a picture of Yakov. That is honestly the only part of his name I can remember. He's done work for powermen and muscle romania. Anyway I find this man incredibly sexy. And the muscle control he has is hot. I also love that he's not overly muscular. He really is just the right size. I wouldn't make him lean down or get any bigger. He's just the perfect size. It's guys this size that I really like. Seems like they are more approachable and more likely to make sure you are pleasured as well as them self.
Another Carl Hardwick picture from one of my yahoo groups. I like this picture because it looks like the statue (I would assume of zeus) is staring right at his dick. Like a greek god is so amazed with his body that he can't help but stare. Not to mention he does have a great ass.
This is a picture that can easily be made dirty. Basically the guy is trying to pick up the other. I have no clue why. Seems like there are tons of pictures out there of bodybuilders being very handsy with other bodybuilders. Not saying that all bodybuilders are gay or anything. I am saying they do touch each other a lot. I guess you get really secure with your sexuality when it comes to going on stage in little posers.

No comments:

Post a Comment